|Home > Careers >Compensation & Benefits
SMI-USA: Compensation, Benefits, Rewards and Culture
Silicon Motion believes that a company’s most important asset is their employees. That is why we make sure that we offer an excellent array of benefits to eligible employees and encourage them to find balance between work and life.
We offer competitive compensation and reward superior performance. Employees are eligible to be recognized in the following ways:
- Highly competitive salaries differentiated by performance
- Annual merit increases
- RSU for eligible employees
- Invention and Patent Awards
- 401(k) Employer Matching
- Length of Service Awards
We also offer comprehensive health insurance plans for eligible employees and dependents. There are plans to meet the needs of you and your family:
- Medical Insurance: Choose from several health care options provided by United Health Care and Kaiser.
- Dental Care from Principal: Preventive care is paid for at 100%. SMI also provides orthodontic benefits for children.
- Vision Care from VSP with Principal: The plan is designed to provide you with periodic exams, glasses and contacts.
- Short-term Disability: This benefit is provided through the California State Disability Insurance program (SDI) for non-work related illness or injury
- Life Insurance: Provides you with a basic coverage of $50,000
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance: Provides you a benefit pay if you should die or suffer certain injuries due to an accident
- Long-term Disability Insurance: replaces up to 60% of your salary if you are disabled due to illness or injury.
More Benefits at SMI:
- Pre-Tax Premiums: If your health care coverage decisions require you to make a premium contribution, those contributions would be deducted from your pay on a pre-tax basis. That means the actual cost is less than the scheduled contribution amount.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): SMI’s FSA’s allow you to pay for certain eligible health care and/or dependent day care expenses with tax-free money. You can set aside up to $2600 to the Health Care FSA and a maximum of $5,000 to the Dependent Care FSA, each year, depending on your marital and tax-filing status.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Through this Plan is through Fidelity Investments. You may set aside up to 90% of your salary (to the annual IRS limits) on a pre-tax basis. You may then invest your money in one or more of the available investment options. Your contributions and investments accumulate on a tax-deferred basis. The company provides an employer match of 50% of the first 5% of your earnings.
- Paid Time Offs: Vacation increases the longer you are with the company. SMI provides competitive vacation and other time off programs that give you time away to rest and relax or for illness. SMI also offers paid holidays.
- Celebration and Events: Employees and their families are very important to SMI. We reward them with various celebrations through the year: Annual Company Picnic, Thanksgiving Celebration, Holiday Party, Birthday Celebration, which includes gifts and cake to the celebrants, Sports Events, Wellness and Employee Appreciation Programs.